Cost of Constipation Report
The Bowel Interest Group reveals the impact that constipation has on patients’ quality of life, the significant cost of constipation to the NHS as well as how this varies by region.
BIG have launched the third edition of the Cost of Constipation report. This important report, which was featured in The Lancet in 2019, has been updated with new data for 2020
The report reveals the significant cost of constipation to the NHS and also highlights how the condition can have a damaging impact on patient lives.
New for the 2020 are:
- Changes in A&E admission rates for constipation over the last five years
- Admission rates for constipation per STP area
- A heat map showing the cost of admissions per STP
- Spend on laxatives per STP
- Opportunities to improve patient bowel care
Cost of Constipation (3rd edition) also explores:
- The financial implications of constipation on the NHS
- The health and wellbeing impact on patients’ lives
- Constipation in children
- The cost of laxatives
- Solutions for tackling the cost of constipation
Do you have any questions or comments on the report? Get in touch.