BIG have launched the third edition of the Cost of Constipation report.
The report reveals the significant cost of constipation to the NHS and also highlights how the condition can have a damaging impact on patient lives.
New in the report for 2020 are:
- Changes in A&E admission rates for constipation over the last five years
- Admission rates for constipation per STP area
- A heat map showing the cost of admissions per STP
- Spend on laxatives per STP
- Opportunities to improve patient bowel care
The Cost of Constipation (3rd edition) also explores:
- The financial implications of constipation on the NHS
- The health and wellbeing impact on patients’ lives
- Constipation in children
- The cost of laxatives
- Solutions for tackling the cost of constipation